Environment, Occupational Safety and Chemicals
Environmental protection, occupational safety and chemicals are very important topics both politically in our branch and in the companies.
The flood of regulations from the European Union and in part national legislators are becoming more and more difficult for medium-sized companies to manage and implement. Consultants, auditing institutions and suppliers are booming. The costs for the implementation of new legal regulations increase production costs.
The workgroup Environment and Occupational Safety deals with these topics:
- REACH – the European chemicals policy
- The Operational Safety Ordinance
- Organotin compounds and standardisation
- The new Hazardous Incident Ordinance
- The Hazardous Substances Ordinance
- German Directive for Air Quality compliant facilities
- The European Union - Noise Directive
As an association we are of course also active for our members concerning REACH. The main task for the association is to provide information, exchange information within the network and assist companies with the implementation. Experts from various companies meet regularly and organise important coordination meetings and workshops.
Topics from past years were:
- The Hazardous Substances Ordinance and Labelling
- Occupational Safety
- Safety Datasheets
- Global Product Policies
- Ecology Labelling
- Energy Efficiency
- Coordination and cooperation with other associations such as VCI, ISOPA and others