Providing stimuli – New ideas from the world of foams and polyurethanes
Award ideas and innovations, promote young talents with examples that encourage to actively design the future – this is the mission of the FSK innovation award. New products develop from new ideas. Innovations provide stimuli, spur competition, present an idea of what the future can hold. The FSK Innovation Award demonstrates who, and in what way, is designing the future and what the driving ambition is.
The FSK understands the targeted promotion of young talents as one of its objectives. We acknowledge particularly interesting ideas, from students specializing in very different fields, with the FSK Innovation Award Polyurethane, and beginning in 2011 with the Award for Foamed Plastics. This includes not only prize money and certificates for creative young talents, but also company contacts and advertising for the future career path.
Another one of our objectives is the acknowledgement of interdisciplinary activities of companies and at universities. Every other year, together with the presentation of awards for excellent ideas from companies and new products from the industries, the FSK also honours young scientists and designers for creative product ideas made of polyurethane and foamed plastics.
Since 1998 (up to 2011) the FSK has awarded 43 innovative ideas coming from 23 students and 20 companies. Prize money of over 30,000.- Euros was handed over to young talents.
Since 1998 the FSK has been presenting the Innovation Award Polyurethane and since 2011 alternating with the Innovation Award Foamed Plastics:
- Students specialising in design or from the processing/technology/chemistry sectors
- Diploma/Doctoral candidates from the universities and technical colleges for design or from technical universities and technical colleges with focus on manufacturing technology and/or materials technology
- Freelancers (designers etc.)
- Young specialists in companies, for example trainees, apprentices etc. (to maximum 6 months working)
What are the evaluation criteria?
- The idea must be creative
- The idea must be "new"
- The applicant must have acquired comprehensive knowledge of the materials (PUR, XPS/EPS or thermoplastic foams)
- The idea submitted by the student must not yet exist on the market and must be implementable
- The product, or product idea, of a company must be successful on the market for at least a few months, yet at the most for one year.
Frankfurt (FSK). Three new members were elected to the board of the Specialist Association of Foamed Plastics and Polyurethanes eV (FSK): Hans Hoffmann (Hanno-Werk GmbH & Co. KG), Rüdiger Simon (Sitola GmbH & Co. KG) and Jörg Teschner (Klöckner...
Frankfurt (FSK). The stars of the Specialist Association Foamed Plastics and Polyurethanes' first Innovation Award Foamed Plastics were undoubtedly the television dolls created by Mark Klawikowski and his partner Ritti Soncco.
Films telling short...
Frankfurt (FSK). From over 20 applications the Specialist Association for Foamed Plastics and Polyurethanes, FSK e.V. presented the FSK-Innovation Award “Polyurethane 2008” to five student and two company ideas. € 11,000.- prize money was handed...
Frankfurt (FSK). The Plastic Foam Association FSK e.V. was able to award one student prize and two company prizes at this year’s festive ceremony for the presentation of the FSK innovation award Polyurethane 2006. Dr. Michael Begemann, president of...
(Frankfurt, FSK) More than 100 participants came to Braunschweig for the festive ceremony for presentation of the FSK innovation prize Polyurethane 2004, which took place during the Lower Saxony plastics conference. This year's prizes were awaited...